Friday, May 17, 2013

My Very Last Quilt

You'd think that I would have taken more pix of my quilts, sadly, I didn't. I would hand quilt for clients and then ship them on their way to turn around and start another one.  I didn't think at the time that it would be helpful to have a scrapbook of quilts that I had hand quilted for clients and publications. Oh well...
I DID find this one picture of the last quilt that I hand pieced, hand applique and hand quilted for myself. 


It was titled "Quilt of One Thousand Leaves" by my friends. Once I start applique and quilting, there's No stopping me! This was made at a very low point in my life and was my therapy to get through it. I represented personal things to me as to how many Dogwood blooms and then just continued with leaves.
I pieced the Courthouse steps as the background for the main center and then different, muted neutrals for the rest of the background.
I checked and there isn't one square inch that isn't hand quilted. I used 'echo', outline and feather wreaths....it went on and on until I decided it was time to stop, bind it and use it on my bed for comfort during the darker days. When it was time to let go.....I sold at an auction. It happens. I'm kicking myself now, but that was then.
Who knows, one of these days, I might try another one if my hands and fingers cooperate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment